RICHMOND, Texas — Tanner Nehls, a senior TE from Travis High School near Houston has announced his decision to accept a football scholarship offer from Stony Brook University of New York.
Stony Brook’s football team competes in the Big South Conference (Division-1 FCS). The urban, high-academic school has been approved by the NCAA for transition up to Division-1A status in football.
Stony Brook’s future opponents include recent bowl-game qualifiers:
- 2010, University of South Florida
- 2011, University of Buffalo
- 2012, Boston College (which scheduled Stony Brook last week)
- 2012, Army (which fell one win short of qualifying for the EagleBank Bowl last month, resulting in a Temple-UCLA match-up)
Nehls (6-foot-2, 232 pounds) chose Stony Brook over Wagner University (NY) and Midwestern State University (TX). Those Division-1 opportunities followed his move from OG as a junior at Travis High School to a TE / H-back role as a senior.
Those opportunities also followed his development in the ProspectFIT program, gaining nearly 50 pounds of quality size and improving his 40 time by nearly half a second to 4.7 seconds.
Here’s what you can do to make the ProspectFIT difference pay off for you:
And email the following information to ProspectFIT@gmail.com
- Parent’s name
- Athlete’s name (high school or junior high, male or female, competing in any scholarship-eligible sport)
- And your contact information.
Make The Fit. Get next level. Get-2-0!